Saturday, June 30, 2012

Summer DIY #6: Scalloped Mini



Dress- created and designed by me
Purse- China
Shoes- Qupid
Dog- Brownie

      I started working on this little piece in the morning and i'm finally finished. I bought this fabric in the Sham Sui Po district in Hong Kong. These streets were swamped with fabric wholesalers and the occasional retail fabric shops. I've been looking for a type of jersey knit, fine, soft, and stretchy fabric for a while now, and I finally found it! I'm not really sure what fabric it is, but it floats my boat.
     Since my last post, i've been really scallop-frenzy. As you can see in the shirt, I cut out a scallop hem for the bottom. I sealed the frays with a fabric glue called "Fray Check", it does what it's suppose to but it dries dark on light-colored clothes. I added a collar too giving it some pizzazz, because otherwise it would be too plain. 
    It's around my 6th piece I made so far of the summer. I created some other pieces before I traveled to China. But i've been too busy to post them all up just yet, but I will be uploading those soon!


Cloth used to make the dress
After the cut out


Cutting out a collar
       

I traced a cup lid for the scalloped hem


scallop the bottom hem













Sewing together the sides




end result of collar








Voila!









-Tammy




20 comments:

  1. thanks for checking out my look book! i will definitely check out your next time i am on! it is hard to keep up with so many sites sometimes! this turned out really well! the fabric looks nice and light :)

    -Jessica
    http://runninginsideus.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is an AWESOME transformation, you are so talented!

    http://charmcolorfully.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice!!
    I tried once to do something similar but it turned out too short!! I have to use it like a top now!! haha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice post! If you have a minute, please check out my log and follow me if you liked it. I'll appreciate it so much! Thanks!

    $30 RIRE giveaway on my blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, it's amazing!

    http://mesmemos.tumblr.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, that's really amazing! you are so talented!
    X

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely dress

    http://itsnotjustanotherfashionblog.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is wonderful what a great dress you've made!

    $100 Shopbop GIVEAWAY

    ReplyDelete
  9. thanks so much for the comment. yes id love us to follow each other too. ive started following you, hope you follow back.
    this dress is so pretty, cant believe how well you can design and make. im very impressed and kinda jealous of your talent hehe xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks very cute. I will have to try it.

    Thanks for the lovely comment, btw (:

    ReplyDelete
  11. great diy!

    xx

    www.aroundlucia.com
    www.aroundlucia.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. you are really good in sewing! Very nice idea and the colour looks great on you.

    Cheers

    Sara C.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow amazing DIY!! just came across your blog and loving this pretty blog! Im now following you now via GFC and Bloglovin! Hope you could check out my blog and eprhaps follow me back if you like :)

    xoxo, Alee

    http://aleemerican.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. This dress is really beautiful and it's hard to believe that it's DIY. Respect! ;)

    Annie.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Amazing, that looks awesome!!!

    http://www.everythingcanbefixed.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow you are SO talented!! :DD I wish I could make something as gorgeous as this dress! Now following, and can't wait to see more wonderful creations from you!

    xoxo,
    Cindy C.
    http://styleologie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. beauty dress !!!!! akdols.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. you are so beautiful and your dress is amazing xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the lovely comment, it means a lot to me ♥.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...